Managing Consultant – Energy Sector
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE
About the Team
At MI-GSO | PCUBED we’re strong believers that good ideas come from anywhere. We place huge pride in building our community of great people from all backgrounds and disciplines, nurturing diversity of thought and better supporting our clients as a result.
As a rapidly scaling organisation, nearly doubling in the last two years, we recognise our people are our greatest asset and are core to our business’ continued growth ambition. As such, we are passionate about providing varied and extensive learning and development opportunities, empowering our consultants to grow and progress with us at a pace that matches that ambition.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We continue to strive to shape and nurture a culture where everyone is valued; where inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative and where EDI underpins our values and everything we do. With passion and understanding, we continue to unfold the complexities of the EDI agenda, raising awareness across the workforce, creating a safe space for open dialogue and enabling everybody to play their part.
About MI-GSO | PCUBED
At MI-GSO | PCUBED, our mission is to deliver our clients’ most important projects and programmes and we support many of the most recognisable brands across Aeronautics, Defence, Automotive, Transport, Financial Services, Energy as well as some Government organisations.
Our clients are as diverse as they are influential, so working with us means making an impact on some of the largest and most interesting companies in the world. Being exposed to this range of clients means you’ll build up your knowledge and experience across multiple industries, making you competitive in any field.
We’re always on the look out for great people to join us so we want to hear from you even if you don’t feel you meet 100% of the profile we’ve outlined above – you can either apply or reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role
We work across all sectors in the UK and have started to build an enviable reputation in the Energy sector. We now want to expand our profile across the sector and are looking for an industry-respected professional to lead this drive. This role will be unique in shaping our position in one of the most exciting sectors of the business environment.
As the UK’s response to the dual climate change and energy security challenges builds momentum, we want to be at the forefront of helping the main players shape this future and take advantage of the opportunities created by this once in a lifetime global mission.
As a Managing Consultant within the energy sector, you will be responsible for:
- Create and win new opportunities for us in the sub-sectors of the energy industry where we are not currently well known.
- Grow opportunities within the current client portfolio.
- Have experience of delivering thought leadership and continue to do this for us including conference presentations, academic papers and representation on industry committees to enhance our reputation across all energy sub-sectors.
- Lead management of sales conversations and development of supporting material.
- Gain intelligence on future tenders from our target clients, build compelling bids based on that knowledge and direct bid teams to ensure our bid-win rate meets the growth targets.
- Understanding and awareness of the impact of broader market trends on consultancies and how this will influence us at MI-GSO | PCUBED
- Ensuring our values are upheld and fostered by all our consultants.
- Build a diverse, highly energised and motivated group of people, able to realise their ambitions for personal development in this exciting sector of the marketplace.
- Build a regional presence in and around our new North-West hub and local to one or two key clients in remote parts of the country.
- Build strong working relationships with senior client management teams and ensure they understand our values and trust us to deliver them in support of their goals.
- Build an effective organisation as the Energy business grows with an inspirational Team and highly effective Business Managers.
- Ensure internal reporting and governance is designed to minimise the risks to delivery and maximise the profit potential for MI-GSO|PCUBED.
- Build a personal portfolio of delivery, balancing the collaboration of the team with leading edge consulting to keep yourself relevant
- Oversee and ensure the most difficult engagements are managed at the appropriate level of risk.
- Be a role model for our values, standing up for them when it is difficult; demonstrating to everyone in the business that they underpin everything we do.
- Be the voice for the global energy challenge in MI-GSO|PCUBED, inspiring people across the business to pursue their careers in this sector.
- Mentor and guide colleagues through their career journeys within MI-GSO | PCUBED.
WHO ARE YOU?
Joining us as a consultant, you’ll be proactive and curious, and have excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. You’ll be an effective and influential communicator, an open and collaborative team-player and passionate about continuous learning. You will be able to demonstrate project management capabilities (direct or transferable) gained in industry or consulting environments.
A proven industry-respected professional, already working in the energy sector, with senior contacts at many of the major companies in the sector. You will have significant experience or working in at least one of the energy sub-sectors: i.e. renewables, nuclear, conventional generation or networks and utilities. You will have a track record of business development and be prepared to build on the reputation we have developed in the nuclear sector to expand our profile in the other energy sub-sectors. You will also be able to demonstrate you can help us to build and spearhead a new regional hub in the North-West of England. In doing this you will:
- Significant experience of one or more energy sub-sector
- Prior experience of consulting or delivering internal transformation programmes
- A broad network of relevant, senior contacts across the energy sector
- Evidence of successful programme implementation and use of defined project methodologies (eg. Lean, Agile, Waterfall)
- Experience of presenting externally to clients to generate billable work and internally to gain buy-in for strategic ideas.
- Experience of facilitating groups to develop solutions using recognised facilitation methodologies.
- Formal experience of coaching team members and experience of being coached.
- Experience in using remote collaborative technologies in an engaging and effective way including but not limited to Teams, Miro, Mural etc.
- Previous experience of collaboration through Communities of Practice or thought leadership either internally or externally.
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to influence outcomes at the most senior level, ability to flex style to suit the audience in question.
- Can demonstrate continuous learning through both formal and informal qualifications and learning methods.
- Management of profit and loss on large contracts and a clear understanding of the levers that can be pulled to positively influence the bottom line.
- Representation or involvement in an energy industry committee or institution
Some of Our Key Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive & tailored learning & development programmes
- Individual coaching to guide you through your career
- Access to Communities of Practice
- Pension plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- RIDE2WORK scheme
- Employee referral scheme
MI-GSO | PCUBED is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large.
If it sounds like we’re describing you, apply today and start your journey with MI-GSO | PCUBED
PERFECT JOBS ALSO RESULT FROM GREAT ENVIRONMENTS
FIND OUT WHAT IT MEANS TO WORK WITH US